Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multiple Websites

I am using Web Designer 15.0.0.52427 DL Dec 14 2017.
    I have been using it for one specific website. Recently, I decided to switch another website for which I had been using MS SharePoint Design 2007 to WebDesign. When I went to publish it, I obviously had to enter a different Username and Password (and final URL). However, a few days later I went back to the first webpage file to update it and when I went to publish it, the user name and password (etc) were from the second website.
    Really, this information is not stored in the file, but becomes part of the program? Am I missing some obscure setting somewhere?

David

Default Re: Multiple Websites

Go to Utilities/Web Properties/Publish and make sure the 'Save Publish settings in document' is ticked.

Nope. First of all I have a Dutch version, and for inscrutible reasons Xara apparently decided that "Utilities" should be "Actions" in Dutch. Then I noticed that Web properties has a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl Shift W), so could you verify that I have found the correct section? But the bigger problem is, that there is no option "Save Publish setting in document" there to tick.

Any other idea's?

David
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knipsel.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	121132

Not sure, maybe the option is only available in Pro versions? Here is a screenshot from DP12. You screenshot seems to be missing the ftp profiles option too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_ftp_options.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	121133
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

DP12? What is that? Indeed, no FTP profiles options.
    So here I have a version 15 and you apparently have a version 12, but your's includes some very basic functions that I don't have.
    I really hate the way XARA decides that certain basic functions are only available in PRO versions. I ended up having to buy WebDesign program, because one after another they stripped the web design segments from Photo and Graphic Design.

David

In your first post you mention that you're using Web Designer and that's the pared-down version of Web Designer Premium. So, it is to be expected that you miss out on some of the functionality. You can see the both apps compared here: http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/compare/.

Quote Originally Posted by DBoydNL View Post
    DP12? What is that?
    Designer Pro 12
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

This is why I use Filezilla to upload and manage multiple sites.