Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: How do I stretch a photo? Driving me crazy

And even with this option unselected it is acting up,one keeps selected the fill handles instead of the resize handles

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There is a way to turn all this stretching confusion off. Right click on the Lock Aspect Ratio (the lock icon) and uncheck [ ] Smart Transform.

You can always turn it back on.

Very old time user that I am, I prefer this feature OFF.
    thanks for that Gary

For stretching, the message at the bottom of the screen for the side and top handles still says, "Drag to stretch/squash the selected objects." This should be, "Alt+drag to stretch..." should it not? The "Drag to stretch.." should be "Drag to crop..." Also, for stretching/squashing, Alt+shift+drag squashes stretches both sides (or top and bottom) together.

Still some work to do for the on-screen hints and the documentation. The Help file (.chm) was updated in March, mine has a date of 2018-03-10, and it does not reflect the previous or current situation for "Stretching and squashing objects." I noticed that Table Smartshape has been added, so Xara did some, but not all of the changes and new features.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

"The Selector Tool must be in scale mode (the selection bounds handles are squares)." And yes, ALt+drag to stretch...

It took me forever but after 6 months I'm finally at ease... Thank you all...
    webahoy(dot)com