Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Unhappy How do I stretch a photo? Driving me crazy

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to stretch a photo, and it's been driving me crazy.

This is what I want to be doing, and apologies if this sounds ranty. I want to be able to have a phot and resize it either by entering the size or stretching it using the handles. All I get though is the image automatically cutting the top/bottom or sides.

I've done hundreds of Google searches and writing to Xara has been of no use as they never replied. I even tried upgrading from Photo & Graphic Designer to Designer Pro, as I'm sure I used to do this all the time with Xara.

From what I can tell, all the help files and official files/videos say the same thing, intellignet resize because most of the time stretching a photo will look bad. Does this mean that they just decided to not make it possible to do it? As a designer, it would be nice to decide that for myself.

I did find a section in the help file, at one point, saying to press the Alt key while resizing, but that doesn't make any difference.

If anybody can help with this, it would really save me losing all my hair

Thanks
    Last edited by MysticMongoose; 13 May 2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo