Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Curious..Possible changing of .JPG or graphic ICON

I'm selling some CD's. I will put audio and graphics on the CD. I took an audio and tried to change the graphic icon, but it destroyed the .JPG.. Is there a way to change the icon graphic without affecting the susequent, say .JPG filek, or graphic content? Any thoughts on the subject appreciated..thanks.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: Curious..Possible changing of .JPG or graphic ICON

why do you want to change the icon?

I want small icons showing the product, so they can easily see what they are looking at (not readable of course). I notice also when you put more than audio on a cd it does not aut bring up the audio for play. It brings up win explorer, showing all the includeded files.

making an audio CD 'playable' is not just a question of copying audio files onto the CD - if you do that you will end up with a 'data' disk of music files that you can play on a computer individually through file explorer, but not in a CD player

If you want that you need an 'authoring' program [eg nero] to create the CD in the correct format

If you want that you need an 'authoring' program [eg nero] to create the CD in the correct format
    That was my thought but I did not know what to suggest. Here's an article on the subject I just found in a search. https://askleo.com/audio_cds_what_fo..._my_audio_cds/

Assuming that you have Windows 10 and a CD/DVD burner in your computer/laptop, do the following: Insert an empty, recordable CD into the CD/DVD burner. A message will pop up asking you what you want to do. Select 'Burn CD with Windows Media Player'. When WMP has openend, you can drag & drop your audio tracks from Windows Explorer onto the window on the right (with the 'Burn' tab selected). There are some burn options you can select by clicking the small button on the right. Once you've added all your tracks, click the 'Start burn' button at the top of the 'Burn list.'

if you use WMP to burn [ie write to as] an audio CD then as I recall, the options apply volume levelling across tracks and burn CD without gaps between tracks are set by default... something to be aware of... you can change these on the options burn tab

Good information Boy and handrawn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Gilbert, can you confirm/clarify what you are trying to do with the graphic. Are you trying to add a cover picture to an audio track? What format are the audio tracks in?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I will try my best. On my CD I will have five files. One music, mp3, and four graphic files, JPG. When I burn the CD and look at it on the computer I see standard music and JPG icons. On my computer, because I have the apps, I see baby graphics of the subject matter, and that is what I want a customer to see when they open the disc on a computer. However, it would be nice if the music would kick in with Win Media Player, or whatever is on the customer's computer to auto play. I want it to also play on a CD player. Currently I'm using Nero to burn CDs and DVDs.