Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Cannot upload Website Pages

Hi Folks

I've been using Web Designer Premium for quite a while now without a problem. Today (after a break of some months) I tried to upload a few pages from within WDP for my website but the password for my previously paid-for Xara hosting package had the password field empty. I entered what I thought was the password but it wouldn't let me in. I reset the password and tried again, but still no luck.

In short, I cannot get access to the hosting package at all from within WDP - and I can't work out what's wrong. Might it be something to do with the recent switch by Xara to 'Xara Cloud'? (just 'clutching at straws' really as the design/upload/review process has always worked very smoothly in the past for me)

Thanks

Steve
    Thanks

Steve
    Kettering UK

Default Re: Cannot upload Website Pages

Has your whatever they call the subscription service expired?

Hi Gary

Good point. I should have mentioned that I signed up for the 'M' package (or something like that) last August and it expires August this year AFAIK

Steve
    Thanks

Steve
    Kettering UK

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Hi Folks
    I've been using Web Designer Premium for quite a while now without a problem. Today (after a break of some months) I tried to upload a few pages from within WDP for my website but the password for my previously paid-for Xara hosting package had the password field empty. I entered what I thought was the password but it wouldn't let me in. I reset the password and tried again, but still no luck.
    In short, I cannot get access to the hosting package at all from within WDP - and I can't work out what's wrong. Might it be something to do with the recent switch by Xara to 'Xara Cloud'? (just 'clutching at straws' really as the design/upload/review process has always worked very smoothly in the past for me)
    Thanks Steve
    Steve, i had the same problem. Xara handed over support to Magix. In transferring accounts they stiffed my password. I tried to get a new one through the Forget Password option and that failed. Eventually, Magix, in a moment of kindness, reset my password then told me. Sounds good but i have site linked already to my old one so with a lot of frustration and time I got things working again.

Perhaps you are in the same position?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

Well, that would explain it (as I've not changed anything MY end). How did you get the nice folk at Magix to to reset yours, as I suspect I've got the same problem?

Cheers

Steve
    Thanks

Steve
    Kettering UK

Hi Acorn
    Well, that would explain it (as I've not changed anything MY end). How did you get the nice folk at Magix to to reset yours, as I suspect I've got the same problem?
    Cheers Steve
    Yes, they are nice but the service they supply is perverse. try https://help.xara.com/.

Try and find this page, https://help.xara.com/article/7-i-ca...ccount-details. Don't just click the link, go try it solo.
    Then eventually http://www.xara.com/contact on that page. Oh dear, back to square one.

I got lucky and found support@magix.net.
    There are phone details here: https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/contact. Ask for Sales, do not pay for a support voucher.

Acorn

P.S. @Magix - for once, try and follow your own links with a disabled account - very basic user story stuff that you are failing to follow.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers again Acorn

I've posted a message to Magix using the details you provided. Fingers crossed!
    Thanks

Steve
    Kettering UK

Cheers again Acorn

I've posted a message to Magix using the details you provided. Fingers crossed!
    UPDATE: Looks like I solved it myself by resetting my MAGIX password (rather than my XARA password)

Phew!

Thanks for the pointers!
    Thanks

Steve
    Kettering UK