Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Client work

Hybrid View

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Client work

I thought it looked good too. More importantly perhaps is that I learned about tinnitus too. Thanks.

Thanks Ross, I hope you feel better soon.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Thanks Ross, I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks for the kind wishes but thankfully I don't suffer from Tinnitus. Years ago I worked with a guy who suddenly developed tinnitus. He described his as like an extremely loud fire alarm ringing constantly. It took a few weeks for it to be treated successfully to a level where he could function somewhat normally. I don't know how his problem was treated. I do remember him saying that while it wasn't controlled he was getting no more than an hour of sleep per day and was extremely suicidal. He had even asked his doctor if a lobotomy would help.

Looks very good.

Well done.

I missed that first time round Behzad. Just an observation which I find on many modern websites is the use of such large proportions of the screen to be taken by headers and slideshows i.e. the top 950px. I find your site doing the same, the header/slideshow works fine for me on the home page but it annoys me when clicking on a link to be taken to another page with the same 950px header / slideshow then have to scroll down to that content of the page I wish to view.

In no way a criticism just my tuppence-worth about what I find annoying about current website design. I rarely view websites full screen and I'm finding with yours I'm clicking on menu links to be served the same content all the time until I scroll down.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Brandon, thank you. @ Egg, yes I do understand. I am not a fan of sliders at all. Also I think this may be the case with some monitors if they are viewed in a lower resolution. When I view it on 1920 x 1080 there is a good amount of the lower portion that is visible. What would be your suggestion. This site is finished but for future sites?

My monitor is 1920 x 1080 too. Here's a screen-grab of the Styles page at full screen, there's only a slight change on the bottom of the screen:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	124848  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host