Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default First edit handle in a line or shape invisible :(

Since I updated from 12 to 15 of Xara P&GD i have been getting an error that has been bugging me...

When I draw a line or shape, all edit handles are visible, but if I deselect the line or shape or select an old line the first handle becomes/is invisible.
    It is becoming tiresome to click around for the handle and hope to find it, or to go through extra steps just to be able to figure out where it is.

It used to be that you could always see all handles (exept if two handles where in the same place)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	121105

Default Re: First edit handle in a line or shape invisible :(

Right-click on the shape and pick Shape Tool.

Use click-drag to cover one of the visible control points.
    With one selected, press the Tab key to move around all the controls.

It might be your graphics card.
    Ctrl+Shift+T forces a redraw.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Select the shape then the Shape Tool and press the Tab key. This highlights the first and last control point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tab key.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	121106  

Thanks Acorn & gwpriester

Redrawing did not help, but I think I will manage using the shapetool and tab button, that was a helpful tip.
    I tried starting up v11 again and there I can see the start handle just fine, so I dont think it has to do with the graphics card.
    This also happens on lines, not just closed shapes.

I have been using Xara since v4, but v15 did a couple of things that I was not to keen on, also it seems more unstable than earlier versions,
    I have gotten a couple of chrashes just from copying and pasting attributes between objects, also that it now deselects any selected objects when you need to open a folder in the line gallery, and don't get me started on the new way to handle photos...

Here is a small sample of the kind of work I do in Xara:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flag.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	121109

Anyway, have a nice day everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithtoken View Post
    Thanks Acorn & gwpriester

Redrawing did not help, but I think I will manage using the shapetool and tab button, that was a helpful tip.
    I tried starting up v11 again and there I can see the start handle just fine, so I dont think it has to do with the graphics card.
    This also happens on lines, not just closed shapes.
    It might be down to your environment as there have been no other similar reports to date.

It is possible your installation needs a tweak.
    Start your application, just the once, by right-clicking and picking Run as administrator.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

And if you're still having issues after Acorns suggestion could you attach a .web/.xar file showing this behavior?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host