Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hep with PC web site and phone web site showing on same page on the PC

For some reason the last page of my PC web site is also showing the last page of the mobile phone site. The last page of the mobile site is not included in the mobile menu and should not been seen. But on the PC site it shows both the correct page and the mobile page overlapped. Also the menu on this page no longer works.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC & mobile page showing on browser.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	121094

Somehow I've got them both linked to the PC site menu. A screen shot of the result is attached. I've tried doing the pages again and re doing the menus but without success. All the other pages on the PC site are fine, jut this one page. both pages look normal but on on browser on line. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Default Re: Hep with PC web site and phone web site showing on same page on the PC

Try purging your browser cache (Ctrl+F5).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Hep with PC web site and phone web site showing on same page on the PC

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Try purging your browser cache (Ctrl+F5).

Acorn
    Thanks but tried that all the way though the changes. What I cannot understand is that the PC page and the mobile page both look fine, but when I go on the web and go the web site I get this on just the one page. The mobile site looks fine and this page should not show on the mobile site. It shows correctly when I use the Xara Web Designer page preview too.

It looks to me that you have no mobile pages for Church Recorders, Church Recorders-a or Church Recorders-b but they are still linked on your mobile menu, thus loading the desktop version. If you don't want these links, remove them from the mobile menu variant?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    It looks to me that you have no mobile pages for Church Recorders, Church Recorders-a or Church Recorders-b but they are still linked on your mobile menu, thus loading the desktop version. If you don't want these links, remove them from the mobile menu variant?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did remove these pages, they were ones I was playing around with when I was trying to sort this out but it is still the same.

One thing I did notice is that there is a small black square on the box for the bottom button

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC page setting for menu.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	121096

of the menu for the PC pages.

When you look at it on line you can see both the PC page and the mobile page for the Church Recorders. The mobile page is on top and you can access the mobile menu but not the PC menu. Any idea what the small black square stands for? The Church Records page does not appear on the mobile version because I don't want it on there. Your help is appreciated.

Okay, trying to get my head around this one

Do you have a mobile variant for the 'Church Recorders' page?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Okay, trying to get my head around this one

Do you have a mobile variant for the 'Church Recorders' page?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	121099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	121100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 3.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	121101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 4.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	121102

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated. Somehow I lost the mobile pages, I recreated them so I had a mobile variant for each page. I only have the first 6 pages on the mobile site, the last 6 pages I don't include in the mobile menu. Above in shot 1 you can see the mobile menu button. On the PC site I have all the pages shown on the menu - see shot 2.

I have done this before and on other sites without problems.

On shot 3 you can see this little black square which appears on the menu button for Church Recorders page only, the one I am having problems with, but I don't know what the black square means. In playing around trying to solve this I copied pages and moved them and the problem moved from another page to this one. The square moved too, so I am sure this is something to do with it.

Shot 4 shows the PC menu for Church Recorders and as you can see it is correct and the same as all the other pages.

On the PC page for Church Recorders it shows both the mobile and PC versions of the pages. However the PC version does not do anything, it is like it is a background illustration. And then on top is the mobile version with working mobile menu.

It is when the site is viewed in a browser IE in the Xara Web Design software or in Firefox on the net that this shows up.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions. Regards Janet

Hi Janet, I'm still at a loss to see what the issue is. Is there any chance you could attach your web/xar file?
    Egg

Hi It is very good of you to help me, I appreciate that. Are you talking about the whole file for the web site? The one that ends .web? How do I send it to you? Sorry for delay in replying been tied up over the weekend.

Yes Janet, the whole .web file. You can attach it here, the same way as you attach your images, but if it's to large you can post it to Dropbox or similar and post a link here in TG.
    Egg