Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default (Fake news) Hurry up: Xara Mail Designer just arrived! Newsletters never been easier.

Sound good? Sadly (still?) not true. Just a "fake news"

2 or 3 years before I did contact XARA in UK (via contact form) and asked them, why not enhance XD or make a separate "Mail designer" app?
    They answered me, found this idea "interesting" and promised me "to think about it". So I waited, and waited ... and still waiting...

Can you imagine: You just make a "page" in 600 or 800px wide and design your newsletter. Simply with all text, buttons, links and graphics (you have a lot for sure in your .xar files) and then just press "export as html email". Voila, ... your newsletter is ready to insert its html in your favourite email marketing app, mailchimp & co. ... or what ever you use. And "go"!

Basic with a lot of extra handwork you can already do this now. Of course with some limitations and not "complete reliable" as result. Because proper email coding is "near by science" and also must be responsive finally. But I think XARA could handle this.

So I still will not give up hope. And wait

TomTom

Default Re: (Fake news) Hurry up: Xara Mail Designer just arrived! Newsletters never been eas

Totally agree and there are a lot of members who would also be very happy to have this feature.

It seems to me that all the features exist to allow this addition.

I am going to move this thread to the Dear Xara forum as a feature request.

Default Re: (Fake news) Hurry up: Xara Mail Designer just arrived! Newsletters never been eas

Would be great for sure!
    Alas, from a technical perspective, my understanding is that the way xara generates html uses absolute coordinates and external stylesheets etc. which is incompatible with the way email clients work.
    Someone from Xara could officially confirm this though.
    There is definitely a market for WYSIWYG email designers. The few I've tried are fiddly to use to say the least, so if they could extend (or restrict) xaras capability to render email compatible HTML that would be great.
    I guess it would require an 'email mode' that would restrict/hide functionality that would not work with email clients? Or perhaps the it would need to be built using 'email compatible' smart shapes?

Quote Originally Posted by sculptex View Post
    Would be great for sure!
    Alas, from a technical perspective, my understanding is that the way xara generates html uses absolute coordinates and external stylesheets etc. which is incompatible with the way email clients work.
    Someone from Xara could officially confirm this though.
    There is definitely a market for WYSIWYG email designers. The few I've tried are fiddly to use to say the least, so if they could extend (or restrict) xaras capability to render email compatible HTML that would be great.
    I guess it would require an 'email mode' that would restrict/hide functionality that would not work with email clients? Or perhaps the it would need to be built using 'email compatible' smart shapes?
    I rather xara finish what they have yet to deliver to the Desktop applications.

By all means add Email Newsletters to their B2B SaaS Cloud, they seems to have all the current developers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have been using jotform for my clients, but they are jacking up their subscription and clients are not happy when they see a wordpress free plugin for such tasks.