Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Strange behaviour of using symbols (Font Awesome) in Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50843

Hello,

I have a strange behaviour when using symbols (Font Awesome) in Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50843: When I open menue -> insert -> symbols the pop-up window occurs, but there the first half (50%) of all symbols are not viewable (e.g. all "brands" and more...). If I then scroll down, the other half part below is complete "normal" in black displayed. The "unviewable" I can normal select and insert in the colour & size I do pre define. I can also use the search box (search by keywords) and they are selected, but some not viewed then also in the search results. But I can insert all of them who are selected (it shows 0, 1 or 5 items found e.g.).

Any idea what this is? It is from beginning and as I remember, it was in my previous version of Designer Pro (X 11) also same. But NOT in earlier versions before.
    So final I can use this function symbols, but not comfortable. I must sometimes insert them by "trial & error" and delete those symbols what I do not want

Thanks for any help.

TomTom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aufnahme56.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	121047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aufnahme57.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	121048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aufnahme58.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	121049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aufnahme59.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	121050

Default Re: Strange behaviour of using symbols (Font Awesome) in Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.5

Hmm? Does not sound right.

Have you tried rebooting? Also one thing to always try first is close the problem, right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

This often solves mystery problems. You only have to do this once and it will work or it will not work.

Default Re: Strange behaviour of using symbols (Font Awesome) in Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.5

Hello,

thanks for your help. No, it is all time same. No rebooting or starting xara new did help with this. Did also some forum search read this and tried start XD Pro as administrator just this evening. Did not help also.

TomTom

Just tried and the catalogue search is garbage. Typed in Ball & got nothing. Typed in Bat and got 6 icons for batteries and one for a bath. Whale supply's no results & fish supplied a circle !!!!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I just went to Symbols and all are there. So I am not sure what is happening.

Something else you can try, go to Window > Control Bars and Press Reset.

But, be aware that this resets the program to the original settings. If you have any custom button bars, they will have to be recreated. And if you have a preferred work space, then configure a page with all the settings you like and File > Save as Template.

Then press Reset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reset.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	121056  

Okay Gary did that. No change.

Closed Xara & restarted it. No change. See video - no Audio.

No doubt if I reboot my machine this will fix the issue but why?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Okay, update. I rebooted my computer, reopened Xara Designer and did exactly the same searches with exactly the same results.

Can anyone else replicate this please?
    Egg

Egg, same results here. Seems the search function only checks the names of the symbols and only compares with the start of each word.
    For example if you hover over the circle that is shown when you searched for "fish" you can see it is named "Panorama Fish Eye".
    So I guess you need to know the name of the symbol you are looking for.

This is unrelated but I was working on some stereograms the last few days using a multi-page template I designed and strange things were happening with the display. Some images were disappearing but not reappearing when I pressed Shift Ctrl T. But then if I went to wire-frame and back they were there again. And then sometimes, only half the image displayed.

Deleting a page deleted the wrong page even though the page I wanted to deleted was selected and the corner brackets displayed.

Might have been a corrupt document, just a bad day, or late effects of early drug use.

I just opened the document and it is still happening. I'll experiment and add to a new thread. (Sorry to disrupt here)

Unless I am missing something, I just opened the Symbols dialog and keyed in several searches without a hitch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	symbol 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	121062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	symbols.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	121061