Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to Import all pages from another WEB Site

Want to import all pages from another Web site constructed with Xara. Can only seem to import one page at a time. Any ideas please. Terry

Default Re: How to Import all pages from another WEB Site

Tel, just open the original xar site and Save As. Now edit away to your hearts content. You have a new site
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Do you ever sleep. I'm lost. I was thinking if a colleague wants to pick up an up to date version of a site I had put together. He can open from the internet but how does he get that into Xara, I think I'm missing something here. Terry

You would have to send your colleague the .web file if you want him to edit the site. Xara software doesn't edit .htm files but you can import, per page, its contents and rebuild the site (File/Import from web address....).

Hi Boy That seems a better approach, I notice that importing single pages looses a lot of functionality. It was a tempting approach though. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Hi Boy That seems a better approach, I notice that importing single pages looses a lot of functionality. It was a tempting approach though. Terry
    Terry, a website is the resultant of all the layering an coing that the Desktop application has built in. A website doesn't retain the construction, although it could if Xara had chosena an XML schema for its exports.

All the import from a URL does is copies over a flat rendering of what is on that particular page for images, text and position.

Making your design file all the more precious.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    ..., which doesn't allow you to reconstruct a WEB design file.
    how does he get that into Xara
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

i should read further down the page...
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks, but I now think my preferred route is to send the Xara .web file via Dropbox. It was just a temptation I had when I saw "Import from Website"