Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Failed to Read Record 2 62 :'(

It;s only 3 pages so far but I worked on it for a few hours and they were BEAUTIFUL. The work was saved FREQUENTLY and then suddenly something froze. I got a popup message that said "resources were low" and then it wouldn't do anything. I didn't panic because I had just saved my work. So I shut down the program, removed some stuff from my hard drive and went to grab my project. Then I got this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.PNG 
Views:	125 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	120710

Hmmmm. I've tried multiple ways of accessing. I also looked to see the size of the file and while small, there is data there. It was only three pages so the size could be a reflection of that. I reallllly want to avoid redoing these pages.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Default Re: Failed to Read Record 2 62 :'(

I hate when this happens.

Try File > Open Recent > Backups...

Try opening some of your more recent backup files until you find one that is not corrupted. You may not have lost everything.

The locking the barn door after the horse has been stolen approach is when you save your work, us Save As... and give your file a sequential number, my site 1, my site 2, my site 3, etc. Then if a file gets corrupted, you can try the previously saved version.

if you open a blank document and in file menuu go to: open recent/backups

you may find a backup copy that will have at least some of your work

the error message sounds like a corrupt file.. I'd be checking the integrity of both hard drive and memory - might just have been a power dip or system conflict

EDIT: gary beat me to the backups

Try looking for a backup that Xara made automatically and seeing if that opens.

Under your C: drive- users-"computer name"-appdata-local- xara-"program Version"-backups

It may not be the most up to date but you will not have to rebuild from scratch.

Ray

Ray - This is under File > Open Recent > Backups.

Gary,

I have never looked at the bottom of the list and did not know this. All these years I have been doing it the hard way.

Thanks

Ray