Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Xara knowledgebase

Hi All,

Just a quick note, we've moved all our articles to a new knowledgebase system which can be found here: https://xara.kayako.com

I've moved all our old articles across from the old system and currently in the process of refining and improving the contents to be as helpful as possible. (they will all be shown as written by me as I inserted them from the old support system, the majority haven't been written by me lol)

A number of articles are still set as draft due to legacy information which is no longer applicable or simply needs elaborating.

Please let me know if you find any article with broken links or the content is confusing / not helpful and I will get round to fixing it :) Also if you think Xara is missing an article, please let me know and I could certainly add one!

Many thanks
    Rob

Default Re: New Xara knowledgebase

Thanks for the heads-up! Glad that you can take some time off from the Cloud project.

PS: What about making this a sticky for easy access?

It is already sticky in the sense that it is built into your Xara application; Help > More Xara <product> > Support pages.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

This is a totally different site than what is built in to the Xara application.

Rob does what is built into the Xara application have the same info or will this be updated?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Rob does what is built into the Xara application have the same info or will this be updated?
    Good question. The content in the program help is very useful, even I refer to it often to remember parts of the program I don't often touch like animation lol but it can only be updated everytime we patch or release and doesn't contain information like frequently asked questions from users.

What we would like to do is possible move the content gradually over to the online knowledgebase where we can update it instantly, provide some more interactivity including GIFs and videos, include questions & answers asked from users and more.

Don't worry about offline use though, the in program help still be there to use and there's also the PDF manual which can be downloaded.

Rob-Xar's points to https://xara.kayako.com/.
    Applications are pointing to https://help.xara.com/.

Both sites seem to have identical content.
    Perhaps Google will penalise them for duplicate web sites?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

help.xara.com is the correct URL, xara.kayako.com is our account which was worked upon before we chose a sub-domain, my bad but either or, they both go to the same place.

Rob where is the info on (ungroup to edit graphics)? I can not find it on xara help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	120866

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It is already sticky in the sense that it is built into your Xara application; Help > More Xara <product> > Support pages.

Acorn
    I meant for reporting missing items, broken links etc. that Rob was asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Please let me know if you find any article with broken links or the content is confusing / not helpful and I will get round to fixing it Also if you think Xara is missing an article, please let me know and I could certainly add one!
    I was looking for 'Text flow inside objects' (as mentioned here: http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/advanced/) but couldn't find anything.