Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Use of tables

Default Use of tables

I know that the use of tables is now deprecated but sometimes they are exactly what you need to do the job. The Xara table widget is rubbish. Can anyone advise me if it is possible to create a table in Xara without writing the code please?

Default Re: Use of tables

Quote Originally Posted by brocsman View Post
    I know that the use of tables is now deprecated but sometimes they are exactly what you need to do the job. The Xara table widget is rubbish. Can anyone advise me if it is possible to create a table in Xara without writing the code please?
    The Xara Table Widget is not rubbish; it is just mis-applied by Xara to its market.

Tables are not deprecated, only for use in content layout.

If you read the latest news feed from Magix there are new Table Widgets that are far fancier.
    This may be marketing hype but as we have heard that an update is pending Magix installer developers doing their piece; these Widgets might be with us very soon.

There are many ways TGers have recorded how to create table in Xara to overcome the current deficient.
    Try searching for "site:www.talkgraphics.com/ table" in Google or DuckDuckGo.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat