Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Text Allignment Problem

Hi Tazz,

Downloaded your file, ungrouped the menu and bar menu, changed the web site to 'clip to page edges' and published.

I have no problems on my iPhone or Desktop but on the Android phone I get the desktop site.

I have no issue with the text content running over the right-hand side of the browser window

For a site of this size I wouldn't use a supersite, far much to download at one time, especially on mobile. The animated gif is an horrendous size. Also your mobile menu doesn't close when a button is clicked.

You can view my results:

HERE
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Tazz,

Downloaded your file, ungrouped the menu and bar menu, changed the web site to 'clip to page edges' and published.

I have no problems on my iPhone or Desktop but on the Android phone I get the desktop site.

I have no issue with the text content running over the right-hand side of the browser window

For a site of this size I wouldn't use a supersite, far much to download at one time, especially on mobile. The animated gif is an horrendous size. Also your mobile menu doesn't close when a button is clicked.

You can view my results:

HERE
    Egg,

You are brilliant...I wish I had just even an inkling of your knowledge of this program!!!

I'm using an Android as well and had the problem, that's concerning! I also, have no idea why I had it set to supersite mode, I wasn't utilizing any of the features for a supersite. So that I changed back to normal. I knew the gif was very large, but customer was adamant about it! I know that sometimes technical reasoning should take precedence over visual appeal, but sometimes getting that across to the customer can be a tough sell. I have to look into what's going on with the mobile menu, I have no idea why that's doing that. Everything, animated wise, is set to instant, and no fade-ins or effects...hmmm??? I have to dig deeper into that. I have created a bunch of sites, all with mobile variants and have never had the problems I'm having with this one, it's weird.

Again, Egg, I can't tell you "thank you" enough for all your help on this and taking your time to share your incredible knowledge and insight. I think you guys on here that are willing to help unconditionally don't get the thanks and appreciation nearly enough. But over the years, you all have helped me out with a few different issues, and I really appreciate all of you for it.

Tazz

I still have the issue on my android phone and my wife's too...I have attached an actual screen shot from the phone showing the spilling text off the right of the page.

I have changed the size of text and the style of text, and the font entirely. I have deleted the text area and put a new one in there adding new text. I have deleted the entire area and added Lorem Ipsum Text instead of my text. I have tried placing the text area on the background layer instead of the mouseoff layer...and STILL I get the same faulty issue. The only way the text fits within the mobile variant page parameters, is when I group it with the a square block behind it...then it fits perfect, BUT changes it to an image instead of text, not good! I am soooo frustrated and banging my head on the wall repeatedly, which doesn't seem to help either, other than making me head hurt in a different way than how it hurts trying to fix this crap LOL

Tazz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FiredUp Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	120876  

I like your site, Tazz. Nicely layed out, great graphics, colorful and informative. I viewed the site on my Android 7 phone and the text didn't run off the page. Perhaps refreshing your browser cache may do the trick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180504.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	120882  

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I like your site, Tazz. Nicely layed out, great graphics, colorful and informative. I viewed the site on my Android 7 phone and the text didn't run off the page. Perhaps refreshing your browser cache may do the trick.
    Thanks for the kind words, that's awesome. And thank you for the VERY encouraging words about the text not going crazy on your phone. I will try the cache trick and see if that works. But that's great that you're seeing it the way it's supposed to look...Maybe I can move my head back from this wall sooner than later haha!

Tazz

The link no longer leads to the fired up site Tazz.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    The link no longer leads to the fired up site Tazz.
    But I enjoy seeing your photography, Tazz. All your subjects look so lively and unselfconscious. It must be great fun working with you!