Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice Please on displaying customer testimimonials on Home page

Hi All

I have 5 or 6 customer testimonials I would like display on my home page, most are in text format & some on old style paper format which I have scanned..

I would like them to fade in & disappear after displaying (so they don't take up too much room at the moment I have displayed as a separate page) for enough tie to be read?

I think it would more beneficial for my business to display them on my home page.

Any ideas?

I am using web designer pro with online download of components.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Default Re: Advice Please on displaying customer testimimonials on Home page

Hi Dave,

I had the exact same issue with a site I created a couple years ago...I didn't want a whole page just for the testimonials, so I came up with the idea to place them OFF the page on the sides of the main site...Check it out here: http://www.blackbeardsgrillandsteambar.com
    It worked out perfectly and the customer loved them. I placed different testimonials on all the pages of the site! Hope it sends some ideas your way! Sorry I am literally working on a new menu as we "type" here for that site, hence the block over the menu text lol. But if you scroll down the menu page, you will see all the different testimonials down the sides of the page. Its a way to display them right up front and in their face, but really not in their face at all!

Tazz

You could have a column with abbreviated quotes, then a See More link that links to a pop up layer with the full quote. Probably best to key in the scanned quotes so the text is consistent.

Here's a sample http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/testimonials/

I added a rectangle behind the Close text on the layers. I added the name (using the yellow name tag) close-layer. This closes the expanded layer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 02 May 2018 at 01:42 AM.

Or use a slider:

Example
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Tazz
    Thanks I think I'm abit too far into my layout to move everything around but I think what you have done is ideal for the size of your site.
    I will probably go with some kind of slider on the bottom of my home page, as I have quite a large site with around 30+ pages.

Regards Dave

Hi GWP
    Thanks I think I will go with a slider on the bottom of my home page, each has their merit.
    Regards Dave

Hi Egg
    I hope you are well, I think I will go with your idea, as I will put the testimonials on the bottom of my home page, as it's good people see them 'off the bat' so to speak.

Which slider I'm not sure yet!

Thanks & Regards

Dave

[QUOTE=Egg Bramhill;592809]Or use a slider:

Hi Egg
    Do you happen to have the code for the slider please?

The Sliders on Xara are abit too graphic I just require something basic.

Many Thanks

Dave

I've used a GIF maker before to display text that swipes new text every 4 seconds or so. Takes a small space and very lightweight in file size.

Quote Originally Posted by Koko View Post
    I've used a GIF maker before to display text that swipes new text every 4 seconds or so. Takes a small space and very lightweight in file

size.
    Hi Koko
    Thanks that's a great idea, any pointers on where I can get the software ?

Many Thanks

Dave