Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Engineering drawing title block

Does anyone know of an A4 engineering title block template?

Default Re: Engineering drawing title block

There are so many different styles of Title blocks that I have seen and used over the years. Is this for your own use or school type work?

Your best bet in my opinion would be to take a PDf file that has the style of Title block you like and bring that into Xara. Remove everything you don't want and fix it up the way you want and save this new file as template. If you are trying to meet some type of standard like ANSI then you may have to look around for one that meets all the criteria. So many people just put together a block that they like and are not worrying about a standard, I have done this all the time.

You will probably want two different blocks, one for landscape and one for portrait layout.

Ray

Search Google images for "Drawing Title blocks" and take your pick.

i'd no idea what a title block is in cad since i'm not an engineer or an architect so i looked it up on google and the 3rd link on the page : an explanation and free templates

http://www.yourspreadsheets.co.uk/ti...s-for-cad.html

why people don't check google before posing questions is beyond me

why people don't say thank you to people who take the trouble to reply is beyond me
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Big Frank,

These are some nice title blocks but unfortunately they can not be opened by Xara. As I understood the original question, they want something for Xara.

I agree the person would need to do some research on Google and look for a PDF or SVG file type of the different type of title blocks.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Big Frank,

These are some nice title blocks but unfortunately they can not be opened by Xara. As I understood the original question, they want something for Xara.

I agree the person would need to do some research on Google and look for a PDF or SVG file type of the different type of title blocks.

Ray
    Yes but couldn't those be used as a reference for drawing in Xara and create his own template? They wouldn't need to be copied exactly just as a frame of reference as to what a title block should be/or look like.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.