Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeating objects’ position and fit to page

I have a pop-up layer that contains several objects. All objects are set to repeating. On the homepage, where I initially created the pop-up layer, everything works fine. But on other pages, objects on the pop-up layer that are lower down the screen appear offset - further up or down the page than they should be.

I figured that this is to do with fit to page options. There were on the default “Automatic” and I guessed that Xara WD was treating them as if they should be positioned relative to the bottom of the page. Since the pages are all different lengths, this would explain the vertical shifting.

So, I’ve turned off automatic fitting to page, and set the objects to be positioned Top and Left, in the hope that they would now always be positioned the same distance from the top edge of the page, and so in the correct position.

However, it’s not working: objects still appear at the wrong vertical position on all but the homepage, and the amount they are out by depends on the length of the page. Any ideas what could be wrong with it, or have I discovered a bug in the software?

Default Re: Repeating objects’ position and fit to page

PS: if I group the objects together, the positioning is perfect. However, I can't leave them grouped, because there are links within the objects, and the links stop working inside a group.