Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default I wonder who and when?

I came across this stunning picture and maybe like me, you too may be wondering who actually carved this and when?

If you know, then let us all know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carving.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	120701  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: I wonder who and when?

It's cool but unfortunately it's probably just photoshopped. The image is featured on numerous pinterest pages without ever clearly identifying the location. Some say India and others say China. There's a version with the top as a Buddha sculpture.

There was another 'elephant rock' image that was widely disseminated. It was shown by Snopes to be a fake. See article here.

ML are the initials of it's creator

https://tineye.com/search/5401f7faa0...=firefox-1.3.2 Take your pick. Maybe among this TinEye search you will find an explanation.

Maybe we should have a challenge to create something like that - the Xara-Fakes Challenge. If we're any good perhaps one of the images (or all the images) we create will go viral. If Russian sweatshops successfully made fake news then a bunch of creative Xara enthusiasts like us should be able to pump out successful fake landmarks.

isn't the internet a wonderful place - someone creates an image like that and the next thing you know its all over the place as a 'fake' - was that it's creators intention? - since they apparently [put] work in a ' creative content production company, providing CGI, Motion, Animation, Illlustration, Photography, Photo-Imaging & Video services' possibly not, but who knows

don't think xara would be my weapon of choice for that

Handrawn - Even before seeing the creator's portfolio (thanks for that) I found myself accepting that it was unlikely it deserves to be considered 'fake' with all the derogatory connotations of that word. I'm sorry I put that spin on it in my earlier posting. Seeing the portfolio highlights the artist's creativity which strikes me as being very similar to what many of us here aspire to.

Strikes me that most on the forum these days are building websites...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Maybe we should have a challenge to create something like that - the Xara-Fakes Challenge. If we're any good perhaps one of the images (or all the images) we create will go viral. If Russian sweatshops successfully made fake news then a bunch of creative Xara enthusiasts like us should be able to pump out successful fake landmarks.
    I think this is a great idea. it would be interesting to see what methods everyone could come up with to try and recreate something similar.

And I sure Xara wouldn't be the first tool of choice for many of us but it would be interesting to see just what could be done with Xara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.