Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding new pages & links to the FRESH THEME web site

Hi All

I have decided to rebuild my website using the above Theme, can anyone please advise;

1. How or can you add additional pages to the theme, I have added the pages in the Page & Layer Gallery but pages don't seem to link via the usual method via web properties ?

2. Under Web Properties> Export Options Should this be exported as a Conventional Site?

3. How important is it to create a site map (does this assist with search engines finding your website)?

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dave

Default Re: Adding new pages & links to the FRESH THEME web site

Hi Dave

Have you updated your version of Web Designer?

I think if you add a duplicate page it will duplicate all the repeating objects on the page. For newer versions that have access to the Online Content Catalog you can go to the Theme page and click Blank Page and this will add a new page with all the repeating objects.

I recommend the Conventional Site unless your website is fairly simple. Supersites put everything on one page and the visitor can scroll through the entire site. But it takes some time for all the content to load first. Conventional sites just load the content for the specific page.

The site map is created automatically (I think) when you publish your site.

Hi GWP
    Thanks I updated my software in Nov 2017. I quite liked the fresh them as it has some nice touches with the Parallax scrolling & items that roll in, just seems abit tricky adding links to those items for other pages.

To incorporate some of the above from scratch is quite time consuming, caught between two trains of thought on this!

To my knowledge somewhere you have to tick a box to create a site map, I assume this assists with site searches/crawlers?

Thanks Dave

Davora,

When you go to publish your website and you are setting up your Web host there will be a section where you can enter your web address for a site map at the bottom of the popup.

Ray

Hi Ray

Many Thanks

Regards Dave

Hi GWP
    Thanks for that, I decided it would be easier to overhaul my existing website as the Fresh theme is not very flexible, but I like some of it's features.
    Regards
    Dave