Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I Save a Widget in my Local Design Gallery

There is a widget that I download from online which I use quite often, can I save this to my Local Design Gallery to save me going on line every time. Terry

Default Re: How do I Save a Widget in my Local Design Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    There is a widget that I download from online which I use quite often, can I save this to my Local Design Gallery to save me going on line every time. Terry
    for a single Widget, you can add it to a blank page and save it all as a Template.

For more structure, you can have all your Xara web/xar/xwr files stored in a folder and sub-folder location and then use the Local Designs gallery Disc designs button to include them in the gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. Have got folder and Local Designs Gallery disc designs working OK which is fine. Out of curiosity I have save the widget on a blank page as a template and can see it in the template list but how do you extract that onto a page. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Thanks Acorn. Have got folder and Local Designs Gallery disc designs working OK which is fine. Out of curiosity I have save the widget on a blank page as a template and can see it in the template list but how do you extract that onto a page. Terry
    Terry, try File > New > <template>.
    When open copy the widget to your design location.
    Close the opened <template>.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That's fine, many thanks. Terry