Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Widget problem

Default Widget problem

I'm doing a new website using a Xara template that has a widget that's giving me a problem. The widget allows me to drag and drop graphics which will expand in the completed website.When I put jpegs into some of the appropriate areas or when I resize or duplicate certain sections, they don't show and instead I get a smaller rectangle, please see the attached. The .xar file wouldn't upload but I was able to upload a .jpeg showing what the widget looks like, perhaps someone will know what the problem is by seeing this. Anyone know what's happening?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Widget Problem jpeg.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	120706  

Default Re: Widget problem

(I tried to edit the thread to add the following clarifying information but Talkgraphics wouldn't let me.) When I click on the widget, it opens in a new page correctly, but when I save it and return to the main document, some of the images appear with the same small rectangles. Also, when I preview the website (F5) they appear as above, even though when I edit the widget, all the images appear correctly.

What do you mean by "when I resize or duplicate certain sections"?

When I say "resize" i'm referring to the individual pages within the widget, for example, changing one from landscape to portrait. By duplicate, I'm referring to adding a new page. The pages are the various segments that open when clicking on the widget, which then opens it in a new window for editing. In this window the various segments of the widget open as pages.

Can you attach the problem web file Charlie?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I posted a link to your other post to Xara support to see if they can provide an answer.

I’m not sure what the problem is, but I've tried several times to upload both the entire Xara website file and just the widget, which I copied to a separate file, using two different hotspots and in every instance, it timed out without uploading.The service has been slow lately, but I have been able to download things just about normally. I've been able to send .xar files in the past, perhaps there's a problem with my ISP over the past few days, but in any event, it won't upload. I was able to upload a .jpeg of the widget, which I attached to my original post. The .jpeg shows what the widget looks like, with the problem section shown obviously and my hope is that the problem illustrated will be familiar to someone who will have a solution, or at least some ideas I can try. This problem is really holding me up on a project – I’ve not been able to open a support ticket (see my post under TalkGraphics questions, suggestions and feedback) because of apparent problems with Magix’s support system, or I’m doing something wrong, but in any event, no support help yet.

The file is probably to big for the TG Server. You could zip the file and attach it here or save your web file to Dropbox (or similar) and post a share link here Charlie. The small 'x''s only indicate the browser can't find your images.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I redid the widget using just simple rectangles so as to reduce the size of the various images, thinking that might be the problem. I was able to upload the .xar file, but it has the same problem. I also tried both removing all graphics and using just the rectangles to see if that would resolve the problem, thinking that the size of the graphics might be the problem, but I ended up with the same result. Widget Test.xar

Hi charlie,

The images in the gallery has special names applied to them to make the widget work. If you delete a photo and then re-add one, it will remove these names.

Easiest solution is to edit the widget (right-click the gallery > Edit or double click), delete the pages with the broken photos, duplicate an existing page and then replace the photo there (by dragging and dropping the image on top of the old one, not by deleting and then re-importing it).

You can view the names of the images by right-clicking on the image > Names (or click the little names button on the top toolbar).

Might be a little confusing so let me know if you get stuck!

Thanks
    Rob