Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All seem to be the same but only one works correctly

Hello!

This time, I have white rectangles that cover the arrow nubby whenever the "mouseover" layer comes up. (Look at the mobile variant only) It's designed to work like the "Purchase Shirts" mouseover does (so that the arrow nubby switches to the bottom). But non of the other boxes work that way. I have the rectangles at the top of the mouseover layer. The "Purchase Shirts" is the only box I don't have linked yet. Is that why? This is something that's also happening on another page I have in my document, so if you can tell me what the issue is, it will help with several problems. Thanks so much. I know that in my other posts, my problem has been I didn't pay enough attention to what was in the layers, but I can't figure this one out. Why is the mouseover acting differently even though they appear to me to be built the same?XT100_IAAI-members.web

Default Re: All seem to be the same but only one works correctly

That is a very sick web file. I suggest you contact Magix Support and have them have a look at it. On mouse over of three of the buttons there is a large left offset in the mouse over layer that isn't obvious in the web file.

Having said that I think it would help if you understood how a button is created in Xara. Very simply it's just one image in the Mouse-Off layer that's overlaid by another image in the Mouse-Over layer. If the website has a single coloured page colour, include a rectangle behind everything else in both button states. This ensures the whole image in the Mouse-Off layer is covered by the replacement image in the Mouse-Over layer.

Finally don't just give individual parts of the buttons links, group them all and apply the link.

Here's a very mumbley-bumbely video but I hope you can follow me

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you Egg. I wonder how much of the rest of the web file is "sick". Thanks for the advise. I haven't seen the video yet, but I already understand most of what you're saying (except for the "large offset". Should I fix this first in my file? and THEN contact Magix?

You did a lot of work on the video Egg and I appreciate it. I will probably look at it again as I work on it. By the way, the "nubby" is a word I made up for the pointy thing on the rectangle. Pronounced n-uh-bbee.

Hi Poouster, there's nothing better than made up words!

Don't alter your file, just send it to Support as-is re the one you posted here on TG.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks again Egg, Could you please give me a link to "Magix Support"? It's difficult to find.

Help > More Xara (product) > Support pages should always have the most up-to-date links.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm sorry. I've been trying for about an hour and half to find where I can get technical support. It takes me in circles, I finally found where I can purchase a phone call for $12.99, but I don't know how this "sick file" can be helped with a phone call. And, What number do I call? I got a code, but I don't know what to do with it. I'll say it. YOU guys are great, but this sucks. Any help would be appreciated.

I wish I could help you here, but Magix/Xara seem to be making a real dogs dinner of their recently updated websitess.

Anyone else have any idea?
    Egg

last time I tried I got through here: http://www.xara.com/uk/servicecenter/ by logging on and following limks to support

but if you happen to have third party cookies disabled in your browser it may not work... and you may get redirected as you are not [?] in the uk