Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro - lost updates due to install on new PC

Hi, I unfortunately had recently a hard disk fail and had to buy a new PC. I reinstalled Xara Designer Pro, which I purchased in Nov 2016. The service/update subscription ended in Nov 2017 and I was/am unable due to financial constraints to renew it. Unfortunately I have now lost all the updates I applied between Nov 2016 - Nov 2017. I have asked Xara if it is possible to get a version which includes updates prior to my subscription ending, but they tell me to renew/buy Xara. This is not an option for me. I have been able to recover files from the old hard disk and am wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way that I can copy the updated version to my new PC. Thank you in advance for any assistance offered. Kind regards, Bea

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro - lost updates due to install on new PC

This is one of the reasons why I didn't go with the subscrption version when they advertised the upgrade. Based on their inability to create proper installers for varied circumstances, I knew they were going to foul that part up and do minimal effort in their incremental updates. And I was right. Sorry that happened to you.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro - lost updates due to install on new PC

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbuddy View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I didn't go with the subscrption version when they advertised the upgrade. Based on their inability to create proper installers for varied circumstances, I knew they were going to foul that part up and do minimal effort in their incremental updates. And I was right. Sorry that happened to you.
    Yes so agree. I purchased my first Xara product (CorelXara) in the 90's and since that purchased either full or upgraded versions of Xara X, Xara X1, Webster2, Xara Xtreme, Designer Pro7, Designer Pro X, Designer Pro X9, Designer Pro X10, and Designer Pro X365. I am not asking for something for free, just to get the last updated version prior to my subscription ending. Received another email this morning to say they won't do it.

So any suggestions of how to retrieve and install the latest version I have on my hard drive would be ever so gratefully accepted.

Many thanks.

Bea