I love the scrabble tiles, Ross. They look better than a photograph. To add a subtle touch of reality, I'd move the wood grain fill around on the tiles so that they don't all look like clones of one another. But they look great.

Xara should use the image (after paying for the use of course) as the illustration for an ad for Xara X.

Klaus. I cannot tell you how many times I have shot myself in the foot in a fit of creative self-righteousness. Or how many times I have "fallen on the sword" as we used to say.

But in my old age, I have put my ego to one side and tried to work with my clients on a team basis whereby they provide input and criteria and I provide the design and condeptual solution. It works pretty well.

There is a famous story in which Bill Bernbach was sitting in a meeting in which one of DDB's clients was railing on and on. Bill had written something on a piece of paper and from time to time, he would take this piece of paper out of his pocket, glance at it and put it back into his pocket.

After the meeting, one of the creative team asked what was on the paper. Bernbach took out the piece of paper and showed it to him. On it was written,

Maybe he's right?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on April 25, 2001 at 05:20 PM.]