Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Making changes to multiple items

Hi,
    I want to select the first letter of each paragraph in a long document and do a drop cap treatment on all of them at the same time. I seem to remember that there was a way of giving them a common name which then allowed you to make changes to one and the changes would be automatically made to all but the name tag in DP11 doesn't seem to work like that any more! Any suggestions?
    Many thanks.
    Peebs24

Default Re: Making changes to multiple items

Can you format one drop cap, copy it, and then use Edit > Paste > Paste Attributes (Shift + Ctrl + A) to apply the formatting?

Quote Originally Posted by Peebs24 View Post
    Hi,
    I want to select the first letter of each paragraph in a long document and do a drop cap treatment on all of them at the same time. I seem to remember that there was a way of giving them a common name which then allowed you to make changes to one and the changes would be automatically made to all but the name tag in DP11 doesn't seem to work like that any more! Any suggestions?
    Many thanks.
    Peebs24
    Hi Gary,
    Long time since we last talked .........
    I could use paste and edit but I thought there was a way of labelling things that allowed you to make say a style change to all at the same time but I think I may be remembering the old Xerox DTP system that I had before the first Xara hit the streets.
    Anyhow, many thanks for the advice.
    Regards,
    Peebs24

Are you partially remembering the creation of a "DropCap" Character Style?

Each starting letter would have this Style and any changes to one, with an Update 'DropCap' to match, changes all other instances.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Are you partially remembering the creation of a "DropCap" Character Style?

Each starting letter would have this Style and any changes to one, with an Update 'DropCap' to match, changes all other instances.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn. You are quite right. I had completely forgotten about the styles!!!
    Many thank.