Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Finished My First Xara Site - feedback please and some probllems still

very nice... different... you've given ME some ideas...

best of luck!

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Default Re: Finished My First Xara Site - feedback please and some probllems still

I think that "bare witness" should read "bear witness".
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I also believe the
    "Daughter of "Montana"
    shouldn't have the
    "
    before Montana.

Shouldn't it just be
    "Daughter of Montana"
    ?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yep, that was it... a simple "/" left out messed it all up!

Now, how about the anchor problem... anyone have any suggestions?
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

You guys are all really good QA catchers, thanks, will correct the Bare witness, don't want any nude witnesses running around and the " " :-)
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Couldn't find your original anchor links. You never gave the url of a page showing this problem As you've stated you've now removed them, any chance of republishing them and supplying a specific page link?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Some/many of the text links are not red, even though I have refreshed the page (ctrl+ F5) It's also happening in the local preview and export. I checked and the settings are for them to be red with mouse off and green with mouse over (green over works).

Anchor problem: Go to the Biography page (http://lochrie.doanehoag.com/biography.htm) and just below the mural at the top there is a text link "see more info here" that takes you to an anchor on the Data Links page located on the text "News from the States" When you get there you can't scroll to the top of the page and the menu. I've tried this over several times with different anchor links and have the same problem.

Do you have followed links as red too, otherwise they will show up as followed if you've read used them before. Not sure whether refreshing the page will reset that colour.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi, Keith: That makes sense, but if I erase the htm page file on the site and re-upload/publish it to the server it should show the links as red, right? I did this to double check it as follows:

Erased the biography htm file on the server and refreshed to make sure it was gone
    Went to the biography page and refreshed and it and showed that it was no longer available
    Uploaded/published the site again from Xara
    On the server refreshed and saw the new biography htm file had been uploaded
    Went to the biography page and refreshed to get the page back, took a couple of tries and then it showed up
    Red mouse off, unvisited text links are still showing as grey/visited

What the ????

Egg: Have you tried it re my post #17 ?

Thanks,