Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default New Versions of Xara Designer Pro X(15)

As per the announcement, there is a new version out, 15.0.0.52427. You have to download the trial version, install it, and provide your serial number to activate it. It installs separately from the previous version.

Interestingly, the plugins linked to the previous version showed up automatically. I don't know about toolbar settings and I use the default arrangement.

I presume that it is safe to uninstall the previous version?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: New Versions of Xara Designer Pro X(15)

It's still gobbling up 25% of my CPU usage when doing absolutely nothing. It's about time this was fixed.

Has that Simplon something or other software been dropped as I didn't see an option to NOT install it on installing Xara. There was another PC Cleaner type option which I declined installation.

Strangely just before seeing the post Talkgraphics Forum announcing the new release, I checked to see whether there was an update via the Help / Check for Updates menu and was informed it was up to date. How are users who don't frequent TG going to know of this latest release?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

On uninstalling the previous version I think this might be wise if you have versions installed on two machines as I believe the registration is one and the same. I might be wrong but perhaps this can be clarified.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    On uninstalling the previous version I think this might be wise if you have versions installed on two machines as I believe the registration is one and the same. I might be wrong but perhaps this can be clarified.
    Hi Egg,

Not sure what you mean. I have the new version installed on my Surface Pro 4 along with the old version, and only the old version on the other computer (desktop). All work. I am about to update on my desktop.

I think that the SimpliClean thing is what you unchecked. It is now something vague. I will capture the screen and post it to warn others. There is one user on the Magix forum who went for it, ran it, and swears by it. I would rather not swear, so I won't take the chance.

Another point - the download is on the Magix.com site under the menu Photo&Design, select Xara Designer Pro X.
    Last edited by browj2; 11 December 2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added another point.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

It is not the SimpliClean, but the MAGIX PC Check & Tuning 2018. I had this installed once, used it, but was too cheap to update to the new version each year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara additional software - PC cleaner1.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	119481

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara additional software - PC cleaner2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	119482

Here is the link to the Magix page.

I am tempted, but busy.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I would never uninstall an earlier version until I was totally confident that the new one works.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yep, did it. But Magix has see I'm in Germany and install the German version. Since all the years I work only with the English version of Xara products and now I must complete reorganize my tools to find them. Is there a way to switch to a English version? I dont find a way.

I will play around and see if there are more new function until the magic resize. My first view says no, no new drawing things. Maybe I'm wrong and I havn't find them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Egg, you are right: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...031#post585031.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

For members in the US who need to retrieve their serial number go here http://www.xara.com/us/servicecenter/ sign in, and go to My Products.

Not sure what the other links for other countries are. Maybe someone from Xara or Magix can add these.

Really trying to be positive, but oops that is nothing again.

Some online content all the time, while the price went up in the summer