Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widget Problem - Lanscape Cloud Tint Zoom Gallery

Dear all,

I have recently purchased Xara Web Designer Premium (15.0.0.52382 DL x64 Dec 1 2017) and have an issue with one of the widgets. When using "Landscape Cloud Tint Zoom Gallery" the widget loads fine initially but when revisiting the same page after navigating elsewhere, the thumbnails are not laid out correctly, they form a 1 x 1 column next to the main picture and consequently fall off the page where you can't see them. Hitting F5 re-sets them back to the correct table style layout.

I'm using a Dell Latitude 1540 with up-to-date Windows 7. The problem occurs in both Chrome and Explorer.

Any ideas ?

Default Re: Widget Problem - Lanscape Cloud Tint Zoom Gallery

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Does this happen when you preview in Web Designer or does it happen after you have published/republished your site?

Hi Gary

Thanks for the quick reply. Only in preview - I'm guessing I should try and publish and retry ?

Paul.

It should work in the Preview without any problem.

Just to check.
    You are doing nothing other than dragging an image form your local folder of the Xara Bitmap gallery onto the opened Widget left-hand image of the Viewer?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

I load the images by opening the widget, I then see the usual instructions on the first page etc; on the photo pages I load the photos using the following method, CTL+ left click to select the left hand large image, right click for pop-up menu, choose replace photo, with file, and select a photo on the laptop. When this is loaded, I CTL + S and get message "Tidying up widget". The another CTL + S to save the site (not needed but just a habit) click "preview whole website" icon to test.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPBUNKE View Post
    Hi Acorn,

I load the images by opening the widget, I then see the usual instructions on the first page etc; on the photo pages I load the photos using the following method, CTL+ left click to select the left hand large image, right click for pop-up menu, choose replace photo, with file, and select a photo on the laptop. When this is loaded, I CTL + S and get message "Tidying up widget". The another CTL + S to save the site (not needed but just a habit) click "preview whole website" icon to test.
    All seems clean. If you just drag and drop the widget update of the thumbs is automatic.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi guys, I've opened a support ticket with Xara, as attached. I'll post the results. 2018-04-22 Widget problem - Help desk support ticket.pdf

As a matter of interest, I see you have enlarged the widget, which you're supposed to be able to do. However I've found if I enlarge the widget on the parent page with Web Properties / Placeholder / Regenerate place holder image automatically ticked it works as expected but if it's unticked it creates problems. It would appear the widget is dependent on having the 'Regenerate place holder image automatically' ticked.

Not saying this is your problem but I get a similar effect if I untick this box. I suggest you delete the current widget and import it anew, resize the parent placeholder & import new images.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Now that is a good catch. I wonder why Xara's testing has never stopped this?
    Or is it just another backlog?

Good catch Egg,
    Acorn

Cheers Acorn. Not exactly what the OP reports but has similarities. Another backlog? ..... Yes.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host