Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile variants not exporting right

Hello! I'm using Xara Web Designer 10 Premium, and I love the way I was able to make mobile variants. Exporting the web document has been successful until recently. It started out, my exported files came up fine when I looked at the desktop files with my browser, but the mobile variant wouldn't come up when I put the files on the hosting server. Now, the mobile variant doesn't even work when I view the desktop files. (see attached) Any ideas what's going on? I probably should also say that the links on the menu bar don't workon the mobile variant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2018-04-21 at 7.52.26 AM.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	120630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2018-04-21 at 7.50.52 AM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	120631

Default Re: Mobile variants not exporting right

We'd definitely need to see your WEB design file uploaded here to help.

I assume you have cleared your browser cache (Ctrl+F5)?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

yes, that has been the issue in the past, but I even tried exporting it on a second computer as well as clearing the cache. Here's the documentXT100_IAAI-working.web

As you can see, it's a work in process. Not finished. The pages I've shown here are the "About" page.

Have you done a full upload of the site? If you are only doing an incremental something may have been missed or corrupted in the process.

I "export website" I've tried exporting from scratch to an empty folder. I haven't uploaded it to a server. This problem is just happening when I view the website using desktop files and my browser.

Also, I should tell you, I'm using Web Designer Web Premium 10, and I started having these problems when I began editing templates, or if I copy and paste a navigation bar and edit it. I also use Xara on my mac using Windows and Parallels. But I also have Xara on my pc, and even when I exported it on that computer, it still had problems.

first off the IFRAME in the Main index needs to be tweaked:
    <iframe src="slide-a.htm" width="100%" height="500px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="slider-main-iframe" style="overflow:hidden;" name="xara_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    <script>sliderresize();</script>

Next you have JavaScript and CSS placeholders as repeating shapes on all pages.
    If they are common to all the pages they should be Web Properties > Site > HTML code (head).

The Captcha is calling PHP so I can't tell if this is working.

The Variant NavBar is a repeating object that is trying to link to the Main pages.
    These need to be redone so (Mobile) appears.

The About images are on the MouseOver layer; move to the MouseOff layer.

Try changing these as a start and recheck what is not working for you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn. As you can see, I'm non coder. I forgot to check to see if the images were on the right layer. I think your suggestions are going to help. Thank you so much.

Sandy