Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sitemap.xml

Default Sitemap.xml

I have been noticing that a sitemap is generated everytime I save a page as html. I am using WDP 11
    Is there a way to turn this off

Gar
    IP

Default Re: Sitemap.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
    I have been noticing that a sitemap is generated everytime I save a page as html. I am using WDP 11
    Is there a way to turn this off Gar
    What's the worry?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Help > Sitemap:
    Publishing to Xara Hosting automatically generates a sitemap which you will see as a sitemap.xml file in your Xara Hosting webspace. This is a list of the pages on your website, and helps search engines find and list all the pages in your site.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Help > Sitemap:

Acorn
    If I have to update one webpage
    The problem is that it's only generating that one page that I am working on as a sitemap.
    If I have a total of 17 webpages I would like for the search engines to list all of my webpages not just the one that I am working on.

I would like to either turn off this feature or correct the problem.

Gar
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
    If I have to update one webpage
    The problem is that it's only generating that one page that I am working on as a sitemap.
    If I have a total of 17 webpages I would like for the search engines to list all of my webpages not just the one that I am working on.
    I would like to either turn off this feature or correct the problem. Gar
    Xara doesn't generate one page when you publish a site. It has to do it for all the pages. I would think that even if Xara was performing a Fast publish, it would include all the site's pages.

Can you advise how you are generating this one page?

Acorn
    IP

You can eliminate the sitemap file by leaving the "Website URL" blank in the FTP publishing dialog.
    IP