Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My Apologies

Default My Apologies

To Gary Priester, the moderators and the whole TG community for going off topic on Gary's thread regarding desired "improved features" for Xara Graphics Designer.

I hijacked the thread and started a prairie fire of discontent.

In future I will do my best not to repeat this mistake/offense.

ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: My Apologies

Hold out your hands so I can wrap you on the knuckles, Ron.

Many of us are frustrated and I think some of that frustration came out in my thread.

Thanks to Barbara for doing what needed to be done.

Ron, as thoughtful as it was, I don't think your apology was completely necessary, certainly not the way I see things. Off-topic or not, I personally was not unhappy about people venting their views and thoughts in Gary's thread. These views are important and Xara should take note! My only concern was that useful suggestions and recommendations might get lost, hence my (off-topic) suggestion for a tabulated summary to help keep track.

Over the years I have seen many fruitless attempts on this forum to cajole Xara/Magix into action from/by experienced and knowledgeable forum members who have highlighted shortcomings, made useful suggestions and feature requests. I don't think I've ever seen a Xara representative acknowledge such a suggestion or seen a link between a forum request and an updated or new feature. It's just a one way conversation which inevitably leads to user frustration which overflows into forum threads whenever it gets the chance. It only happens because we care.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Jono,
    Thanks for your expression.

I guess what I came to realize is this: Although I wanted to, and did, express my frustration and exasperation regarding the things you just mentioned, I believe I would have done better to start a separate thread, myself, and share my feelings and expressions there, not in a thread that was earnestly started by Gary to get thoughtful comments on what fixes/new features TG members would like to see in the next update.

I shot from the hip and should have given more thought to it. I just want to be supportive, respectful and observant of the rules here as I would wish others to be. I'm not down in heart, just regretful that I didn't use the right avenue provided to achieve my ends.

MAN! That was wordy!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Looks like I missed the excitement.

I feel lost tonight. I feel like Xara is slipping away from me. I moved to back to Xara because Adobe trashed my beloved Fireworks and shoved everything in the Cloud, and here I seem to be going again. (I don't like working in the Cloud. I don't even like the inconvenience and clunkiness of the Content Manager.)

I feel quite lost in Designer Pro, generally. Having owned every version of Xara since Corel, I now find I have to look at the help every few minutes because I can't fathom the new controls. And there is quite a bit going on in the Photo tools that could be more intuitive.

It feels like the end of an era. I love it so much. I really really really hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    ...I shot from the hip and should have given more thought to it. I just want to be supportive, respectful and observant of the rules here as I would wish others to be. I'm not down in heart, just regretful that I didn't use the right avenue provided to achieve my ends.
    Nicely worded explanation. Hats off to you Ron.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I think I was fanning the flames Ron.. for which I am sorry too....