Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: XWDP Outside of Update Service Cover

I have the cd for Designer Prox10 but there's no file on it that I can identify as the Catalogue Content. I am running the programme with the update for PRox11 so don't want to reinstall. Does anyone know how to get the content off the cd please.

Frightful. This topic is specifically for Web Designer Update Service. I started a new topic in the Designer Chat thread. Please post any further questions here https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...gner-Pro-11-CD

frightful doesn't even begin to describe how i feel we have been deserted by xara
    there's a torrent of complaints that would scare a pirate
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Xara Slideshow Widget

The Xara Slideshow Widget (XSW) is delivered through the Online Content Catalogue (OCC) > Components > Image Resources > Photo Slideshows & Galleries: Xara Slideshow Widget. [http://downloadsv15.xara.com/web/cat...x.html?v=15.1]

XSW is different to the other slideshows in that it is a Xara Widget file (*.xwr).
    If you no longer have access to the OCC, you might be able to locate it in either your V12 or V15 Cache.
    The path & filename is similar to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\15\Cache\designs\eng\components\imagecomponents\slid eshows\widget_mediawidget_live_xh.xwr. username is your MS Windows login; XtremePro can also be WebDesignerPremium and 15 can be 12. All you need then do is drag the file into your design page.

Happy Searching.

If you have an existing design file, you can copy the XSW from v12 to v15 or the converse, and log in when you select Edit Widget. You then have full access to create and edit slideshows.

Note: your files are not kept local; they are part of cdn.xara-online.com/siba/slideshow with exciting image filenames like https://cdn.xara-online.com/siba/sli...EPKFz8R?q=full.
    In other words, controlled by Xara, subject to its servers' availability and not your service provider.

Kate Moir asserts a fully editable slideshow instance will continue to be accessible, out of Update service cover.

@Kate, can the widget_mediawidget_live_xh.xwr file be freely distributed? It has no copyright and is effectively only metadata.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn (re post #24)

When using an expired version of Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.1, after drag n dropping widget_mediawidget_live_xh.xwr on page, you are asked to sign-in (with your Xara details), which opens the online widget, but it eventually 'times out' before you can do anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sign-in.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	122678

Name:	slide-show-widget.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	122679
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Acorn (re post #24)
    When using an expired version of Xara Web Designer Premium 12.6.1, after drag n dropping widget_mediawidget_live_xh.xwr on page, you are asked to sign-in (with your Xara details), which opens the online widget, but it eventually 'times out' before you can do anything.

Name:	sign-in.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	122678

Name:	slide-show-widget.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	122679
    Jono, I have just tried, following my own words in #24, and with the right credentials, it logs in and I can create another slider.

When Magix took over marketing and help, it kindly obliterated my existing password. i had to get Magix to provide a re-enable link.
    If you are already able to access https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/, then those credentials should work for the slider.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I can login to the Magix service centre ok. Here's the message I get. To be honest I don't actually need to use the slider for anything too serious so not particularly concerned. I'm doing a homepage mockup for a local club and was just curious.

Name:	time-out.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	122680
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

You can always then download any of the templates available: http://www.xara.com/templates/.
    These are usable in your Xara Desktop application and do not require an active Update Service.

You never know, you might come to like the Cloud.

Acorn

Nice workaround. Thanks for the heads-up.