Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Color Pallet Question

Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to add a color you are working with to the pallet. I always just use the program with the default pallet, but sometimes I go outside those typical colors and use a different color. When using that different color is there a simple way to just add the color to the pallet in use? My work-around is: I always have to pick the new object, and then grab the eye dropper and move it over a previously filled object of that same color in order to color a new object. It works, but is kind of a silly way around things and a waste of time. I'm assuming there is a simple solution. I figured there is a right-click process but no...so hmmm? Help anyone! I searched google and here in the forum but found nothing that says how or IF it can be done. I know I found how to make totally custom pallets, but I don't really need all that...or do I? Is that the only way? It seems goofy if it's only one or two colors you're talking about adding.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Tazz

Default Re: Color Pallet Question

With the object with the custom color selected, go to Utilities/Color editor, select the label icon at the top, and give your new color a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    With the object with the custom color selected, go to Utilities/Color editor, select the label icon at the top, and give your new color a name.
    Awww man, thank you Boy....I have used this software for years and never knew that little tip. I figured it was something simple, but sometimes the most simple tasks turn into the largest head scratchers! Thanks again for your help.

Tazz

I created a palette some time ago with named colors.

I include the palette in my custom template that I use for every new document and the colors all appear along the color line at the bottom of the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Palette.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	120629  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I created a palette some time ago with named colors.

I include the palette in my custom template that I use for every new document and the colors all appear along the color line at the bottom of the page.
    That is great! I need to learn more about the pallet techniques. I have been doing it wrong for a long time, my way is just not very "time-friendly".

As I recall, I have been using this since Xara "improved" the color palette by greatly reducing the number of colors, I creates a series of 17 primary colors based on the hue, and then I created 5 variations of each primary color. I used the Name tag, New Named Color option to name each of my colors, e.g. Blue Green 1, Blue Green 2, etc.

There have been other palettes that I included when I was doing the XaraXone. Here is a link to a page in the archives that has some of these custom palettes. http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html

Named Colours and Shades of Named Colours can be fantastic. Here's an example:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Whoops! That wasn't the link I intended but it's still valid.

Here's the intended link:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Here is a link to a tutorial I wrote some time ago that will show you how to add colour pallettes to your xara program and more http://site.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tr...rld-of-colors/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.