Default Alien Skin Chrome

I need a little help ...

Does anyone remember this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018.04.19_10h21m12s_004_.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	120618

A long long time ago, I created a logo with this Alien Skin Chrome effect, which was at the time contained in Xara Xtreme. Now (not unsurprisingly) opening this logo now gives errors.

Name:	2018.04.19_10h26m33s_005_.png 
Views:	345 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	120619

I'm not looking for pirate software, can anyone guide me to the version of Xara this was included with, so that I can reinstall it (if I can find the disks), and hopefully re-use it in current versions of XP&GD.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 19 April 2018 at 04:37 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Alien Skin Chrome

This post was moderated. It's now approved.

Hi Keith,
    Somewhere back in the mists of time I had a copy of Xtreme 5 which was legal and free as I recall.
    If you want it I can give you a link to a site which will automagically begin a download of the program and if you are happy to do this, I can supply you with a working unlock key.
    Probably a private message to me might be the best way of doing this.
    Bob.
    To any moderator following this and thinks this might be suspicious activity, the link is to a page within the http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/software/ website.
    It is a link to Xara Xtreme 5 Silver which supposedly expired in 2013 but still downloads the product which was a free offer at that time.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 19 April 2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Bob,

Thank you for that ...

I don't need the unlock key, Magix.com has all my product information including my key # for Xtreme 5 and a link to the download. I just needed to know which version had the plug-in.

I'll try and re-install from there. Getting that plug-in to work with current versions may be a different matter.

Again, many thanks.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I added info to my post, and the version that was free was Xara Xtreme 5 Silver.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Okay - apparently not.

The download link to Xara Xtreme 5 in my support area is linked (for some unknown reason) to mp3maker14_de.exe and even then gives a 404 error on the page.

As above: To keep this legal, I do have a registration for both Xara Xtreme 5 (which has a download link that doesn't work):

Name:	2018.04.19_11h58m42s_007_.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	120620

and Xtreme Photo & Graphic Designer 5 (Silver):

Name:	2018.04.19_11h59m23s_008_.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	120621

which doesn't have a download link.

Just noticed that Bob's link is to Xara NOT Magix, I'll try that too.

No ... that doesn't work either Xara's site is linked to the Magix site and gives the same wrong file.

I'd preferably like to download Xtreme 5 rather than the silver edition.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 19 April 2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Keith

I think there was a post recently that members were able to find the product list but could not download. Lemme give a heads up to Xara to see if they can add anything to this.

Thank you.

I also have a support ticket in with Magix
    Keith

Hi,

Download to Xtreme 5 here: http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/...axtreme5dl.exe

Xtreme 5 Silver was a free promo version we did I think? (like a version on a magazine CD) I think it has slightly less features than the standard version of Xtreme but I never played around with it.

We used to sell the alien skin plugin ages ago, if you have lost your installer for it you can download it here:

http://support-dl.xara.com/programs/...inxenofex2.exe
    http://support-dl.xara.com/programs/alienskinec4000.exe

You should see a serial number for these still in your account if you purchased them years ago.

Thanks
    Rob

Thank you very much Rob, that was the download I needed.

I rarely (make that very rarely) use Plug-ins, and didn't purchase them with the program, so I am working with the demo which includes the chrome which is the only plug-in used.

I did contact Alien Skin sometime after installing the program, and they stated that they no longer sold that version, which is a shame. If there is any way to purchase a serial number from Xara these versions of Alien Skin 4000 and Xenofex 2, then I may still be interested depending on the cost.
    Keith