Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hi! Could anyone do an animation for me for a concept of a machine please?

Hi! I’m posting in here to ask if there’s anyone who kindly has the time to do an animation for me with cinema 4d or something similar. It’s for a machine concept that makes pipes, i suppose if it ever is invented you would get some notoriety I’m in contact with a senior engineer in a pipe making company. thank you and I hope to hear from you soon! Jesse

Default Re: Hi! Could anyone do an animation for me for a concept of a machine please?

Hi Jess, I'm afraid I can't handle anymore notoriety nor slave labour for that matter but welcome to TG
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Hi! Could anyone do an animation for me for a concept of a machine please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Hi! I’m posting in here to ask if there’s anyone who kindly has the time to do an animation for me with cinema 4d or something similar. It’s for a machine concept that makes pipes, i suppose if it ever is invented you would get some notoriety I’m in contact with a senior engineer in a pipe making company. thank you and I hope to hear from you soon! Jesse
    Is this a real question? If that company makes pipes surely they understand what R&D is and that it costs money to do it, including creating a presentation to woo investors or decision makers to give the greenlight to an untested product to be produced.

In other words, if I were you, I'd quit that company right now if that's the way they handle business because they're not going to be around for long if they expect people to do them favors for nothing except 'exposure'. Any artist in this forum ALREADY works for exposure, that's literally what the internet is for in many respects. We don't need a nameless company that we worked really hard to impress simply put our stuff on display; we can do that ourselves and get to work on what we actually WANT to work on and still get paid nothing but still have satisfaction of not getting the shaft (get it? pun!) from a poorly managed company.

Personal experiences included watching a friend of mine 'volunteer' at a cable development company to do their website's 3D models. Considering both he and I were simply assemblers in the back of the building doing the grunt work, I asked him how much money they were paying him to do that. He said 'nothing, I'm doing it because I want to get a leg up in the company'. Immediately I urged him to quit doing that because it's not only dirty business to do this (we were making minimum wage) but he's going to make the company look bad with crap models (he didn't know anything about 3D modelling professionally, and had only farted around in a 3D editor a couple of times in his whole life) and they're literally exploiting him because 3D modeller at the time (and now) would actually be offended someone would ask them to work for minimum wage for their skillset.

Seriously, quit that company ASAP. The company I spoke of went under pretty fast and also didn't tell anyone they were in financial trouble, putting everyone into a state of shock when they showed up and the doors were closed (even with the free 3D models my friend delivered which weren't actually that bad, but they certainly weren't representative of professional, trained work).

But good luck finding a sucker to work for free. They're out there, and the company will likely get it's wish, but beyond the ethical concerns, it might actually be illegal for them to solicit work with no pay in some countries and you would be implicit in that.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com