Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Publish a Single Page

Using WEB Designer Premium. I need to publish a single page of my Web Site from Xara, can this be done if so how please. Reason for requiring this is that I put together the design from my Desktop (which in hospital at the moment) and a tablet, they have got a little out of sync and I need really to just update one page. Also a colleague inputs to the site so the same problem applies.

Default Re: Publish a Single Page

I don't think so Tel. Xara can only publish a website, not a single page of a website. It does allow to publish 'only changed pages' but due to Xara's method of numbering images this may need to publish more than the single page.

Reason for requiring this is that I put together the design from my Desktop (which in hospital at the moment) and a tablet, they have got a little out of sync and I need really to just update one page. Also a colleague inputs to the site so the same problem applies.
    I don't understand the problem here.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. The problem is I published the site from my Desktop, at the moment I do not have access to my Desktop, I have one page that I have changed considerably on my tablet. If I publish from my tablet it will override the existing more current pages on the site with old pages that are on my tablet with the exception of the new upgraded page. The same problem would occur if my colleague wanted to do a similar thing. Hope I have explained that well enough, it is in fact the page that Acorn asked me to change regarding the linked PDF file.

Tel, why not save your xar/web file to the cloud (Dropbox etc) and you can load/edit/publish/save there, as can your colleague?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well done Egg I was sure you would come up with an answer. Have struggled a bit with Dropbox but I will have to get to grips with it. Many thanks as usual. Terry

What kind of tablet are using Xara on? Did not know Xara would work on a tablet.

Have you tried using the Xara cloud for your web site changes. I do not use or play with the Cloud function so I am not sure how useful it would be for both you and the other person to use for changes.

Ray