Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D Stereogram

Default Re: 3D Stereogram

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Sadly, the developer hoped this would be his road to retirement but there just are not enough stereogram artists to make the program profitable.
    Perhaps some crowdfunding action might ease this shortfall a bit. I pledge 10 euros.

Perhaps some crowdfunding action might ease this shortfall a bit. I pledge 10 euros.
    It is not so much about the funding as it is the number of potential users. Yury has moved on to other projects. He still shows up in our Facebook page but there is not a whole lot more that needs to be done with the application. But it's a nice and generous offer on your part.

I guess I misunderstood your post. Glad to hear that he was able to move on and generate other sources of income.

Here's a good example of how I use Designer Pro X after I have created a stereogram (in this case two stereograms)

The blue image was added on top of the stars image. Screen transparency was added to to the blue image. The result is transparent space.

The nature of stereographic images is there is no transparency, only solid shapes. So by combining two or more images, the illusion of transparency can be achieved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAYERS.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	120625  

I don't know what's special about that stereogram, but normally when I view them they are inverted (I assume) as they appear to recede into the page. That's the first one I've ever seen that appears to be coming out of the page.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You're viewing the image cross eyes. The center of the image should appear to be going in not coming out. I estimate about 10% of the people view the images cross eyes which in some cases can be confusing.

Attached is the final image (after two or three days of tweaking).

Get as close to the monitor as you can without leaving a nose print. Your focus should be very blurry. Then without changing your focus, move very slowly away from the screen and see if you can view the image in "parallel". If you succeed you will see the image how it was designed to be viewed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Galaxy.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	120626  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ... Then without changing your focus, move very slowly away from the screen and see if you can view the image in "parallel" ...
    That's the problem, I cannot physically NOT change the focus. My eyes/brain just won't let me do it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.