Hello everyone,

I have a quick question about something I have never encountered before, that I need help with. I thank anyone in advance for any assistance they can offer.

I think this is simple but...

I have a customer with a restaurant that asked if I could shut down their site temporarily while they finalize their menu changes. I guess they don't want a mismatch between hard copy and the website. They said they need about a week. I said to them "No problem" and then said to myself, "Oh crap, this is a problem" as I had never done this before. I'm assuming just from my bit of knowledge floating in my head, I could make a new home page that states the Temporary shut down for maintenance dialogue, but then is it a redirect? or what? That's where I'm lost. If you have a solution and it's not a bother, can you write step by step instructions as to what I need to do. I don't want someone to just state that "yes, add a redirect" and leave it at that, because I'm not sure I know how to do that properly, and don't want to bugger something up! I want to do this if possible, without changing or affecting the actual current homepage that I already have for the site. I created their site for them, so doing changes, adding a page etc, is not a problem. I'd like to be able to make a landing page, so when someone enters the url for the restaurant like usual, they come to a page that states the temporary maintenance shutdown but there's the restaurant phone and address, etc. So a custom page if you will.

I'm using Xara Designer Pro X

Thank you,

Tazz