Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help needed please with Main / Mobile sites

Hi, Im a new user to Xara and recently bought the Web Designer 11 Pro. Am in the process of creating my first site using the programme and have used a pre-made template from the Design Gallery ( General - Mobile Ready ) and the Landscape Theme.

Everything has gone well, and I'm ready to publish but I've hit on a snag and not sure how to rectify it. On the workspace I have the x 2 tabs, the Main & the Mobile. I've finished the main, but I thought the site I created in the main would automatically be transferred to the mobile site. Alas this doesn't seem to be the case as only parts of the newly created site feature in certain sections of the mobile site. I've looked through various video tutorials and Im still not sure what I have to do to make the mobile site mirror the main site.

Any help would be appreciated. many thanks ~ Andy

Default Re: Help needed please with Main / Mobile sites

Andy, welcome to TG!

The mobile variant shares a number of assets with the main variant so that pictures and texts only need to be updated in one variant for the changes to automatically show up in the other. However, since the variants differ in size, you need to adjust font and image sizes to your liking during the design phase. Once you know how it works, it's quite easy to maintain your site. I suggest you study some sections in the Help file about Text Styles and Responsive Web Design.

Andy,

If something is on your main site and not the mobile then you can share them across both sites. On the main site, right click on the item you wish to share and in the pop up screen select under Web site variants, select share with variants. As Boy said above you may have to manipulate the items a little on the mobile site.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by swampdrake View Post
    Hi, Im a new user to Xara and recently bought the Web Designer 11 Pro. Am in the process of creating my first site using the programme and have used a pre-made template from the Design Gallery ( General - Mobile Ready ) and the Landscape Theme.

Everything has gone well, and I'm ready to publish but I've hit on a snag and not sure how to rectify it. On the workspace I have the x 2 tabs, the Main & the Mobile. I've finished the main, but I thought the site I created in the main would automatically be transferred to the mobile site. Alas this doesn't seem to be the case as only parts of the newly created site feature in certain sections of the mobile site. I've looked through various video tutorials and Im still not sure what I have to do to make the mobile site mirror the main site.

Any help would be appreciated. many thanks ~ Andy

Many thanks for your suggestions...much appreciated... ~ andy

Thanks for your help Ray...much appreciated ~ andy

Welcome to TalkGraphics Andy

I have moved this thread to Xara Web Design Chat.