Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Renewal cost for XWD Premium

The Xara site quotes £39.99 for a contract extension for XWD Premium 365, but mentions:

Valid until April 22, 2018 £30 / A$48 upgrade discount Included as part of this offer: Photo Manager Deluxe (£34.99 / A$69.99 value) PC Check & Tuning (£39.99 / A$69.99 value) Fastcut (£49.99 / A$99.99 value)
    Read more: https://www.magix.com/gb/web/xara-web-designer/

Does this mean that there's a £30 discount (i.e. the price after 22nd April will be £30 higher) or does it mean that the discounted price is £30? When I try upgrading the system still tries to bill me £39.99. Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Renewal cost for XWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    The Xara site quotes £39.99 for a contract extension for XWD Premium 365, but mentions:

Valid until April 22, 2018 £30 / A$48 upgrade discount Included as part of this offer: Photo Manager Deluxe (£34.99 / A$69.99 value) PC Check & Tuning (£39.99 / A$69.99 value) Fastcut (£49.99 / A$99.99 value)
    Read more: https://www.magix.com/gb/web/xara-web-designer/

Does this mean that there's a £30 discount (i.e. the price after 22nd April will be £30 higher) or does it mean that the discounted price is £30? When I try upgrading the system still tries to bill me £39.99. Thanks
    I just got an email from Magix with a 10% discount code (because my contract is due to expire today and I had gone to their website and hadn't renewed)? I'm still confused about the £30/£39 renewal fee. Thanks if anyone can clarify.
    Last edited by yjs; 16 April 2018 at 03:07 AM. Reason: for clarity
    IP

I let my Upgrade Service lapse yesterday just to see what was going to happen.

The Offer is upgrade for £39.99. You don't get another £30 off, so the regular "regular" price is £69.99.
    The other items are just add-ons to your invoice. If you had a need for any of these, then it might seem to be a bargain.

I also believe the "upgrade" means you will get to download v15 if you were still using v12. Did you previously upgrade to v15?
    I have found that you can use both v12 & v15. This has been essential while v15 is still buggy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I let my Upgrade Service lapse yesterday just to see what was going to happen.

The Offer is upgrade for £39.99. You don't get another £30 off, so the regular "regular" price is £69.99.
    The other items are just add-ons to your invoice. If you had a need for any of these, then it might seem to be a bargain.

I also believe the "upgrade" means you will get to download v15 if you were still using v12. Did you previously upgrade to v15?
    I have found that you can use both v12 & v15. This has been essential while v15 is still buggy.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn. So are they really planning to raise the upgrade price to £69.99 on 22nd April? Yes, I'm also using both version 12 and 15. I'm hoping that after I upgrade I'll still be able to use both.
    PS: I've not been following this forum for the last few days and was just about to mention the lack of some much-needed features like tables - Then I came across a thread in which you presented a table solution you had created yourself. Really look forward to trying that out - thanks.
    Last edited by yjs; 16 April 2018 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Corrected typos
    IP

Well the 10% coupon doesn't work for the 'special offer' of the renewal. So it looks as though the only option is to pay £39.99 before 22nd April - or £69.99 afterwards. Hmmm..
    IP

Or, get the current Humble Bundle with XWD Premium and P&GD plus other software for $20. You get Full access to the Online Content Catalog until September 30, 2018.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)
    IP