Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Making Clipped Pictures Show Original

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make some clipped pictures show as original resolution when clicked. I know I'm going about this the wrong way but I can't seem to find a solution. I import a picture, make it the size I want, then set it as Pop-Up in the web options. Here's a link to the site I'm working on http://jhntgg.xara.hosting/index-a.htm The bottom row of pictures to the right are cropped to fit the format of the other pictures but their original resolutions are much different. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Making Clipped Pictures Show Original

Welcome to TalkGraphics

When the image is full size (in Xara) the resolution of the full sized image must be 96dpi or higher.
    IP

Are you asking for the pop-up to display unclipped?

The Image > Photo pop-up is only designed to pop up what is showing in the thumb.

You could position four touching rectangles to make an aperture so the original seems cropped but then pops up to its full size and dimensions.

The other way is to make each photo link to a pop-up layer where you can have the original and embellish with other details.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

If I understand correctly the pop-up images are currently 800px but you want them larger? If this is the case you can set the size in Web Properties / Images tab. Here I've set it to 960 px.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pop-up.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	120605  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP