Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Red eye removal

Hybrid View

Default Red eye removal

Hi,
    Ihave tried to remove red eye from a photograph but the subjects just look like Zombies when I try. I could manage to change the colour of the red eye tool to make the subjects look human, lol. I did try using a simple circle and trying various colour changes but couldn't get the eyes to look right. Could anyone offer any advice in this respect? Trying to upload my attempts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Red eye removal

Aside from changing the color of the patches, you could also try to change the transparency settings (with the Transparency Tool) and the feather region setting. Experiment on one of the eyes and when you like the result clone the patch (Ctrl+K) and move the copy over another eye. You probably will have to make some additional adjustments but won't have to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Aside from changing the color of the patches, you could also try to change the transparency settings (with the Transparency Tool) and the feather region setting. Experiment on one of the eyes and when you like the result clone the patch (Ctrl+K) and move the copy over another eye. You probably will have to make some additional adjustments but won't have to start from scratch.
    I remember it was possible to change colours of pixels in psp is it possible to do that here>
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'll have a play.

Yes, you can change the color. Select the patch and click on a color on the color bar.

Here's my latest attempt...
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's some serious red-eye! This is the closest I can get it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red-eye.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	120593  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host