Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mobile res

Hybrid View

Default Mobile res

So what is the mobile and desktop resolution that is the proper one to work with considering the new iphone and ipad resolutions. I have
    asked this before and when flipping the device it switches from mobile to desktop on the ipad. There must be a magical number.

Here are the latest resolutions.

https://mydevice.io/devices/#sortSmartphones

So for my case, on an ipad, when looking at horizontally my desktop of 1130 px works fine but when I flip the ipad the mobile version of 500 px show up. I would want it
    to remain with the desktop but if viewed on an iphone then stay with the mobile px.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	120584  

Default Re: Mobile res

I don't think that's possible Behzad, there can be no magic number. Xara doesn't create responsive websites that are created to fit ANY size of viewing device. Xara creates adaptive sites that serve up websites dependent on the visitors viewing device's screen size and serves up one, two or three options (flavours). This is further complicated by mobiles & tablets being able to offer the content in either landscape or portrait mode. An adaptive site may well flip between the two or three variants depending on each and every viewing devices resolutions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Mobile res

Egg your correct and you make perfect sense. I should stop thinking It can be perfect. Like you said it is Xara and not responsive.