Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone used X Buillder?

For me it was AdBlock in FFox - disable and all is well. Very nice site once you can see its

edit: AdBlocker says 73 ads on the page - ?? Maybe it is the links that all go to Xara?

Good find.That was the problem I was having on FF. "216 adverts??. I use adblockers all the time. I wouldn't create a site that stops the site rendering correctly just because of ads.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

most ads are blocked by noscript as it happens, one of the reasons I use it... that's not relevant to this site as such, just explains why I don't use an ad-blocker as well - no script is very good at preventing one of the banes of my online life: sites that play audio, especially ad audio, automatically
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Good find.That was the problem I was having on FF. "216 adverts??. I use adblockers all the time. I wouldn't create a site that stops the site rendering correctly just because of ads.
    Thanks to all that figured that out. I mainly use FireFox and that is the first browser I test with. So I was confused about it not showing for others.

As to the site being blocked because of adverts? Not sure what that comes from. Maybe the X Builder blocks have ads hidden in them?

thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    Maybe the X Builder blocks have ads hidden in them?
    That would be just awful!

maybe more likely that it's structured in such a way that adblocker sees it as 'ads' - false positive?

and maybe the 'ADS' site header does not help
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

so what is the verdict? I have adblock and it blocked everything some 200+ items, that is just bad.

So, I had to do the site in another tool since I used my eCommerce solution, ecwid, does not play nice with Xara variants. Here is the link to the new site. It is not xblocks but the same customer ADS. Also the same server to host my previews. Can ya'll see if you get blocks from here?

https://eric.dollaradaysites.net/ads2/

This is what I get in chrome running adblock, otherwise it looks good without adblock. Someone should write to the author.
    I thin this may be your server. What tool did you use?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	121587

Thanks. Going to look into it. Not good if a potential customer got that page.

thanks to all for the help