Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone used X Buillder?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Wow, you bought the full collection! I would get lost in so much content: how to choose?!
    I couldn't choose and I liked the sobriquet of "Professional". I deconstruct reams of technical problem space material in my day job so an in-depth analysis of templates doesn't faze me; being creative does.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I like the term 'professional' as well but was initially hesitant to click the 'Yes' button after the question, 'Are you a professional'! You encouraged me!

I do like it and he has done a great job, but too much effects happening, minimum is better. Yes I can turn them off but the purpose of these templates are for a faster execution.

May 24 Update. 74 new blocks. (Total now 817)

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    May 24 Update. 74 new blocks. (Total now 817)
    and I've just download the new XBuilder set again with the update included.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I purchased X Builder a couple months ago and just used it for a new customer website project. Fairly simple, had to rewatch the video a couple of times. Took a bit of time to create a 2 page draft but it is closer to what the customer ask for and should be faster on the next site, and the next site...

All in all an excellent value. For those that commented on how much content there is, you are correct. Half my time was spent selecting which block to use. But at the risk of some sameness of sites I will eventually have a short list to use that is less than the total 840 blocks that are provided.

Sure you could create all these yourself, but at the price point they are offered it would just be silly. All in all I'd give X Builder a 4 out of 5 star rating. 5 stars would come with making it a bit easier to "find" the right block and a little easier and cleaner insert the block functionality.

Here is the rough draft for the customer for general look and feel. The menu is there but only have a home and contact page built. Should finish the whole site this week.

https://eric.dollaradaysites.net/ads/

I looked at your site but there must be something wrong. Just some horizontal, colored blocks, no contents and some non-working links.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I looked at your site but there must be something wrong. Just some horizontal, colored blocks, no contents and some non-working links.
    Yes, it is just a rough draft for the customer to see look and layout. None of the links are active.

However, you should see some content, images and text. I attached a snip of the page, is this what you see?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ads_site.PNG 
Views:	103 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	121325  

This is what I see Eric:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onlye.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	121326  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, that's what I saw as well.