Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone used X Buillder?

I notice that Xara Templates are offering this interesting X Builder product and wonder if any members have used it?

I have bought several of their templates previously but it is not possible to contact the author Michal Jarmoluk via their web site so I am reluctant to buy at this stage.

Advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Anyone used X Buillder?

Have not used it and to be honest I have not heard of it before.

My guess is it is a Magix product.

X Builder is a drop-in collection of block of Xara that are added to three Variants without extra effort.
    Here is a demo site: https://xaratemplates.com/demo/xbuilder/02/.

The concept seems to be more refined that Xara's but I have not purchased as I was thinking of buying the professional pack outright.

Michal is a TG member (jarmoluk) so you can email him as he is yet to be granted PM access. He seems very productive so is missing his email enquiries, how Xara!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Is there a one time fee and updates are free afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Is there a one time fee and updates are free afterwards?
    Michal has advised by PM that the next update for headers and footers will be available within the next two weeks and will be free.

X Builder is a good product although, at this stage, it does not include forms.

Thank you. I hope Michal can come on here and tell us more about his product.

If the owner of this product reads this, please respond. I am hesitant and I am sure many others to purchase the product when I can not find a way to message or email Michał Jarmoluk.

I bought the X Builder package. It is as previously described, a whole suite of building blocks for fast and stylish website building in Xara web design products. Instead of using a website template you can custom build a website to suit you or your clients needs. It has helped my productivity. I have also learned some tricks from how the blocks are constructed. Very happy with the price and the quantity of content provided. A once only purchase with free updates as they become available for download. Refreshing, when compared to Xara's update policy for which you get very few usable updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwallaby View Post
    I have also learned some tricks from how the blocks are constructed.
    Could you please elaborate on that? I visited the website and could only partially understand how the concept of 'building blocks' improves on Xara's method of supplying content.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    X Builder is a drop-in collection of block of Xara that are added to three Variants without extra effort.
    Here is a demo site: https://xaratemplates.com/demo/xbuilder/02/.

The concept seems to be more refined that Xara's but I have not purchased as I was thinking of buying the professional pack outright.

Michal is a TG member (jarmoluk) so you can email him as he is yet to be granted PM access. He seems very productive so is missing his email enquiries, how Xara!

Acorn
    Thanks for that link Acorn, looks interesting. Could entice me to get into web design.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.