Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Anyone used X Buillder?

ok only difference I can see is mine is the 64bit fox yours is 32bit

the only extension [edit: ie 'add-on'] I have is noscript - have to give scripting permisions to see the site as you would expect with this extension...

you did refresh cache ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

For me it was AdBlock in FFox - disable and all is well. Very nice site once you can see its

edit: AdBlocker says 73 ads on the page - ?? Maybe it is the links that all go to Xara?

Good find.That was the problem I was having on FF. "216 adverts??. I use adblockers all the time. I wouldn't create a site that stops the site rendering correctly just because of ads.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

most ads are blocked by noscript as it happens, one of the reasons I use it... that's not relevant to this site as such, just explains why I don't use an ad-blocker as well - no script is very good at preventing one of the banes of my online life: sites that play audio, especially ad audio, automatically
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Good find.That was the problem I was having on FF. "216 adverts??. I use adblockers all the time. I wouldn't create a site that stops the site rendering correctly just because of ads.
    Thanks to all that figured that out. I mainly use FireFox and that is the first browser I test with. So I was confused about it not showing for others.

As to the site being blocked because of adverts? Not sure what that comes from. Maybe the X Builder blocks have ads hidden in them?

thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    Maybe the X Builder blocks have ads hidden in them?
    That would be just awful!

maybe more likely that it's structured in such a way that adblocker sees it as 'ads' - false positive?

and maybe the 'ADS' site header does not help
    Nothing lasts forever...

so what is the verdict? I have adblock and it blocked everything some 200+ items, that is just bad.