Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Anyone used X Buillder?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Is it just me? If I view your site in FireFox I see the following, In Chrome it renders correctly:
    Looks great in Chrome. With Firefox, I get an error message: Secure connection failed. I have stopped using Firefox because it gets so many error messages... and also so many threats - warnings about malware, etc..

Our eBay seller account kept getting hacked - somebody adding code to the end of our description and eBay complained and I had to delete it manually. Hasn't happened since I switched to Chrome.

Too bad... I love Firefox, but it has really give me a lot of trouble for several months.

no problems that I can see for me egg with firefox [quantum 60.0.2 64bit] - maybe it's an extension causing the issue...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-18 22_33_42-Window.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	121403
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 June 2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: attach
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

All I can say is I'm not seeing a website that has meaningful content. Here's my version of FF:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firefox-version.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	121404  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ok only difference I can see is mine is the 64bit fox yours is 32bit

the only extension [edit: ie 'add-on'] I have is noscript - have to give scripting permisions to see the site as you would expect with this extension...

you did refresh cache ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

For me it was AdBlock in FFox - disable and all is well. Very nice site once you can see its

edit: AdBlocker says 73 ads on the page - ?? Maybe it is the links that all go to Xara?

Good find.That was the problem I was having on FF. "216 adverts??. I use adblockers all the time. I wouldn't create a site that stops the site rendering correctly just because of ads.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

most ads are blocked by noscript as it happens, one of the reasons I use it... that's not relevant to this site as such, just explains why I don't use an ad-blocker as well - no script is very good at preventing one of the banes of my online life: sites that play audio, especially ad audio, automatically
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Good find.That was the problem I was having on FF. "216 adverts??. I use adblockers all the time. I wouldn't create a site that stops the site rendering correctly just because of ads.
    Thanks to all that figured that out. I mainly use FireFox and that is the first browser I test with. So I was confused about it not showing for others.

As to the site being blocked because of adverts? Not sure what that comes from. Maybe the X Builder blocks have ads hidden in them?

thanks again,