Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSL Certificate

Default SSL Certificate

I recently invested in SSL Certificate for my website so it will be a secure site.
    However, I went through all the steps on my Web Designer 11 changing the address. My site seems to publish with no problem and shows in the upper corner the new address.
    But when I check my site on line the https is not there.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Please advise.

Thank you,
    Clarkusa
    IP

Default Re: SSL Certificate

You will have to arrange the installation of the SSL certificate with your web host company who will install in on their web server.
    IP

Hi Boy,
    They said that it was good to go. I will check with them again.
    As far as publishing it in Zara its the same as what I have been doing?
    Thank you for responding.

Clarkusa
    IP

Xara. With an X.

Let us know how it works out.
    IP

Gwpriester,

Woops, you are right Xara.
    I will let you know. thank you.
    Clarkusa
    IP

Hi Gwprister,
    I spoke with GoDaddy and they said that I am to get a Certificate Signing Request from my Host. And that my Host is Xara. I have not received anything. So I decide to skip it for now and they (GoDaddy) are issuing me a refund for the certificate.
    Frustrated that I don't know more than I do right now.
    Thank you,
    Clarkusa
    IP

So, you purchased the SSL certificate with GoDaddy. And GoDaddy is telling you that your web host is Xara. Is that correct?

If so, there's the confusion. You use Xara software but also Xara's web hosting services. As mentioned earlier, you cannot activate an SSL certificate through the software; you'll have to contact Xara the company. You might want to raise a service ticket with them: https://support.xara.com/index.php?/...mit/RenderForm.

By the way, a while ago one of the Xara developers posted a link to a free SLL certificate authority: https://letsencrypt.org/. That would save you your GoDaddy fee.
    IP

Here's the latest.
    The Go Daddy Customer Service person I had the other night should have never answered my questions. He knew nothing about SSL Certificates.
    The next morning I called back and got Andrew, who is an expert at SSL's and made it happened. He was great. Super knowledgeable, explained everything. Super happy and the great thing I did not have to do anything with my website.
    My website in Xara was fine and now it's a secure site.
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
    Check out threadednest.com
    IP

Hi Julie, you seem to have the SSL issue sorted but I would question why you site appears to change width on each page?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkusa View Post
    My website in Xara was fine and now it's a secure site.
    I checked your website and it's not (yet?) secure.

I also wonder why the page size changes with each page. In addition, the position of some pages shifts and the background and page colors on the Resources page are different from those on the other pages. All this takes away from the viewing experience.

I have a few more suggestions and remarks, if I may: Disable the Gallery options for the images on all pages except the Gallery page (go to Utilities/Web Properties/Image/Options) because it's confusing. Increase the image size of the pop-up photos (go to Utilities/Web Properties/Image) because you have a lot to show and the current image sizes don't do that justice. On the About page you mention product offerings that are not mentioned on the Products and Services pages.
    IP